Research found that more than 60 percent of Latin American mobile users consider apps like Twitter, LinkedIn, Spotify and Waze as very important in day-to-day life.
comScore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR), a global leader in measuring the digital world, in association with IMS Internet Media Services (IMS), the leading digital marketing and communications company that partners with fast-moving business seeking to expand into and within Latin America, released the results of the first edition of the research IMS Mobile in LatAm Study that shows the behavior of Latin American mobile users and their relationships with specific mobile apps such as: Twitter, Waze, Foursquare, Netflix, LinkedIn, Crackle, Swarm and Spotify, among others. The research collected from users in Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Peru and Chile shows reach, familiarity, usage and importance that each of these applications have for both smartphone and tablet users.
“The IMS Mobile in LatAm Study helps us better understand the Latin American mobile consumer and evaluates the familiarity and importance that apps – among them our partners – have for Latin American users,” noted Gaston Taratuta, CEO & Founder of IMS. “These findings show a 75 percent potential reach of our network in the region through any mobile device, meaning that 3 out of 4 smartphone and tablet users in Latin America can be reached through the advertising products we offer to brands and agencies.”
“Mobile device users in Latin America are very engaged with apps. Nearly all (99 percent) have apps downloaded on their devices and the average of apps downloaded is high: 35 percent of smartphone users and 39 percent of tablets users have more than 20 apps on to their devices,” mentioned Marcos Christensen, Country Director for comScore in Argentina. “We also saw that Android is the most used operating system among surveyed countries in Latin America.”
Several Key Findings of the IMS Mobile in LatAm Study:
- Mobile Device Use:
· More than nine in ten online Latin Americans own or use a mobile device on a regular basis, and nearly all (99 percent) have apps downloaded on their services.
- Mobile App Downloads:
· Smartphone users in Latin America have downloaded an average of 18 apps on their devices.
· Twenty-two percent of mobile users spend 20 hours or more each week using internet through their smartphones.
- Most Popular Mobile Apps:
· More than 60 percent of the mobile users of apps such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Spotify and Waze consider they are very important in day-to-day life.
- Tablet Use:
· Tablet users in LatAm mostly use their devices at home, when spending time with friends, in the house of friends or family, or at school.
- Tablet App Downloads:
· Tablet users in Latin America have downloaded an average of 19 apps on their devices.
· Twenty percent of tablet users spend more than 7 hours each week using internet through their tablet devices.
comScore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a global leader in digital measurement and analytics, delivering insights on web, mobile and TV consumer behavior that enable clients to maximize the value of their digital investments.
For more information, please visit www.comscore.com/companyinfo.
IMS Internet Media Services (IMS) is a leading digital marketing and communications company that partner with fast-moving businesses seeking to expand into and within Latin America. IMS helps brands reach new levels of engagement and grow within the region through their exclusive ecosystem of commercial partnerships, creative and content solutions, and media investment and management services. Leading brands such as Apple, Twitter, Waze, Crackle, LinkedIn, Foursquare, and Spotify have partnered exclusively with IMS to strengthen their presence in Latin America. IMS helps them navigate the diverse markets by resolving operational, cultural, legal, and commercial challenges unique to each country. IMS is headquartered in Miami with offices in Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Panama, Peru, Ecuador and Uruguay.
For more information please visit: www.imscorporate.com